1. Guys are emotionally more vulnerable than women.
2. Men who feel they must conform to masculine gender norms are more likely to suppress emotions that make them feel vulnerable.
3. Men are more interested in “objects” and “things” than people and feelings.
4. Men rarely talk about their problems unless they need expert advice. They thinks, “Why involve someone else when I can do it by myself?”
5. The basic male instinct is to offer solutions when someone talks about their problem. While it is okay with other men, women often get irritated by this habit.
6. In order to cope with stress, men become increasingly focused and withdrawn. He won’t feel better unless and until he finds a solution.
7. Men are motivated and empowered when they feel needed.
8. It is difficult for a man to listen to his woman when she is unhappy or disappointed because he feels like a failure.
9. It is difficult for a man to differentiate between empathy and sympathy.
10. When a man loves a woman, periodically he needs to pull away before he can get closer.
11. The secret to empowering a man is never to try to change or improve him.
12. Men are most prone to argue when they have made a mistake or upset the woman they love.
13. If a woman is not asking for support a man assumes he is giving enough.
14. Men are much more willing to say yes if they have the freedom to say no.
15. Males can synthesize serotonin (key in regulating emotion and mood) 52 percent faster than females.
16. Men have a greater tendency to be antisocial.
17. Men remember more gist than detail of a given emotional experience related to stress.
18. Language and reading disorders occur approximately twice as often in boys as in girls.
19. When men talk to other men, they rarely face each other directly. They prefer either oblique or parallel angles.
20. Social hierarchy is very evident with men.
21. Men are attracted to women who laugh at their jokes.
22. Men speak around 13,000 words each day, which is way less than 20,000 words a day spoken by women.
23. Men are more likely than women, to kiss with open eyes.
24. Just a 5 minute conversation with a pretty girl is beneficial to a man’s mental health.
25. Men are easily threatened by another male. If he sees ‘his’ girl flirting with another man, it will not make her more attractive. Unfortunately, it will do the opposite.
26. But he feels like he is on top of the world if she clings on to him in front of other guys attracted to her.
27. Every man likes to best desired by women. This makes them feel confident and wanted, and on top of the world. It is the fantasy of every man to be attractive to a lot of women.
28. Men hate asking for help. They have been caretakers for centuries, and admitting they are not capable of something is not in their genes.
29. Boys don’t tell on their friend if he is cheating. This is their guy code and they find it very important.
30. Boys cheat only when they feel like their physical and emotional needs are not satisfied (especially if this goes on for a long period of time).
31. Men prefer compliments from other men. A man receiving compliments from another man is perceived as something pleasant and increases his self-esteem.
32. Friendship among men is based solely on common interests.
33. Men eat twice as much when they are with women.
34. Men prefer looser clothes with age. With age, the desire to be fashionable is replaced by the desire to wear comfortable clothes.
35. Men with lower IQ often drink too much.
36. The average man lies to his colleague, boss, or spouse 6 times a day. The most common lying phrase is, “It’s OK. I am fine.”
37. A man spends about 43 minutes a day looking at 10 different women. This amounts to almost 11 days in a year.
38. Men find women with bone structure similar to their mother’s more attractive.