1. ‘You really love him/her, don’t you?’.
It is a psychological question. No name was mentioned but still someone came into your mind.
2. Good relationships are more important for a longer life than exercise.
3. Falling in love has the same neurological effect as getting high on cocaine. Both actions trigger the release of hormones like dopamine, oxytocin, and adrenaline, giving you a natural high.
4. Holding hands with someone you love helps alleviate physical pain, stress, and fear.
5. We tend to ignore the ones who adore us and pay more attention to those who ignore us.
6. Romantic love is biochemically the same as suffering from severe obsessive compulsive disorder.
7. A hug longer than 20 seconds releases chemicals into your body that make you trust the person you are hugging.
8. Chocolate releases the same chemicals into your body when you start falling in love.
9. It takes 2 to 4 years to completely get to know someone. Those waiting this long to marry have less chance of divorce.
10. 2 in 5 people in the world marry their first love.
11. Love starts when people don’t need it and ends when people need it the most.
12. Antidepressants may compromise romantic love because they enhance serotonin levels, which blunts emotions.
13. When in love, the human mind tends to ignore a person’s flaws, which is why it can be difficult to leave someone who causes you pain.
14. Men tend to lower their tone when they talk to someone they love.
15. If you’re 16 or older, there’s a 60% chance you’ve already met the person you are going to marry.
16. Loving someone and being loved in return causes wounds to heal faster, due to the release of oxytocin in the blood.
17. Men are more likely to fall in love when they meet a woman in a dangerous situation.
18. The most common time for breakups is around 3 to 5 months.
19. Men and women who listen to similar music tend to be better communicators and have longer lasting relationships.
20. The longer couples are together in a relationship, the less likely they are to say “I love you”.
21. If you are always the one to text a person first, there’s a 90% chance that this person isn’t interested in you.
22. When you truly care for someone, their mood can literally affect yours.
23. If two past lovers remain just friends, its either they are still in love, or never were.
24. When you become really close to someone, you can hear their voice in your head when you read their texts.
25. The more you talk about the person (you love) to others, the more you fall in love with that person.
26. The human mind can only maintain complete trust once for each person. Once broken, it’s never the same.
27. The longer you hide your feelings for someone, the harder you fall for that person.
28. When you are single, all you see are happy couples; and when you are not, you find happy singles.
29. Stress from heartbreak grief can flood the body with hormone cortisol, which causes the heavy-chest-achy feelings.
30. Being in a loving relationship impacts your life for the better. Married people up to the age of 50 are 12% less likely to vascular diseases compared to their divorced or single counterparts.
31. When two people in love gaze into each others’ eyes, their heartbeats synchronize.
32. Cuddling is extremely beneficial for your mood and well being because of the release of happiness hormone oxytocin.
33. Being in a relationship indirectly makes neurotic partners more optimistic and self-confident.
34. The more honest couples are with one another about how their relationship is going, the more likely they are to last long-term. Honesty, in fact, is the best policy.
35. Long distance relationships are just as successful as regular ones. Moreover, they are also more effective in building trust and satisfaction between partners.
36. Couples who laugh together are more supportive of one another and more satisfied in their relationship compared to their ‘laughter-free’ counterparts.
37. Being in love cuts headache frequency in half. If you have been suffering from chronic headaches and can’t find any medicine working for you, love might be the best solution.
38. One in every 50 travelers has met their significant other on board a plane.
39. Men fall in love faster than women and are the first ones to say “I love you” in a relationship.
40. Love develops in phases of intensity, beginning with an obsession and gradually mellowing out into a more mature version of itself.
41. The social connection that comes from being in a loving relationship activates the part of the brain responsible for selflessness and emotional well-being.
42. It takes only up to 4 minutes to decide whether you like someone or not.
43. Even looking at the photo of a loved one relieves pain.
44. People at the same ‘level’ of attractiveness are more likely to end up together.
45. An attractive face is considered over an attractive body for long-term relationships.
46. Expressing gratitude towards people you love causes an immediate spike in your happiness level.
47. Dilated pupils show that your are attracted to someone and in turn, makes you more attractive.
48. Looking in each others’ eyes can make strangers fall in love.
49. People at an early stage of love have lower levels of serotonin, which is associated with happiness and well being, and higher levels of cortisol, associated with stress.
50. When an individual is dumped, it often causes the individual to love the one who dumped him or her even more. This is known as ‘frustration attraction’.
51. Men in love show more activity in the visual part of the brain. Women show more activity in the part of the brain that governs memory.
52. People who have intense movie-like romance at the beginning of the marriage are more likely to get divorced.
53. Men and women feel love differently. Men feel loved when they work, play, or talk side by side with their partner; women feel emotionally close when talking face to face.
54. The feeling of butterflies in your stomach is a real one caused by an adrenaline rush.
55. Thinking about love influences creativity and abstract thoughts, as well as long-term planning.
56. Men are more likely to be emotionally affected by a break-up than women.
57. Women are more responsive to romantic stimuli after eating a meal than before.
58. One of the most crucial factors in a relationship is how you celebrate your partner’s good news.
59. Being in love makes people less productive.
60. Philophobia is the fear of falling in love.
61. The average human will spend 1,769 days socializing with someone they love.
62. Your nerve cells work better during the first year of love.
63. Romantic love and the love between a mother and her child share a similar chemical connection.
64. We are attracted to those people who look similar to one of our parents.
65. Men who cheat on their partners have lower IQs.
66. People prefer symmetrical faces in their partners because it is unconsciously believed that they have better genetics.
67. Women’s tears have been biologically proven to reduce testosterone levels and sexual arousal in men.
68. As a result of the hormone cortisol in our body, we tend to act inappropriately and irrational when falling for someone.
69. Romantic love lasts only for one year. It is then replaced by committed love.
70. Men are 80% more likely than women to go on a date with someone with whom they do not feel any chemistry.
71.People often fall in love with and form relationships with those that are of a similar level of attractiveness.
Facts about love-
1. On an average, men marry someone 3 years younger than them. Now, if they get divorced and plan to remarry, they will marry someone 5 years younger than them.
2. Most marriages around the globe tend to end near the 4-year mark.
3. Nearly 60% of married men are unfaithful to their spouses at one point or another.
4. 40-70% of the females homicides are committed by their lovers or spouses.
5. Human sweats have been used to make love-attracting perfumes.
6. The average male will spend an entire year looking at women.
7. Engagement rings are worn on the fourth finger of the left hand. Do you know why? Because it contains the “love vein”, vena amoris, that runs straight to the heart.
8. There are about 3 million first dates every day around the globe.
9. 52% of women think that their husband is not their soulmate.
10. The world’s longest marriage lasted for 86 years.