1. People who speak two languages may unconsciously shift their personalities when they switch from one language to another.
2. Being alone for a long time as bad for your health as smoking 15 cigarettes a day.
3. Travel boosts brain health and decreases a person’s risk of heart attack and depression.
4. When offered to write with a new pen, 97% of people write down their own name.
5. If a person laughs at very unfunny jokes, he is alone deep inside.
6. Hiding your thumb behind all fingers is a sign of nervousness.
7. When meeting someone for the first time, you only have about 7 seconds to make a powerful first impression.
8. Pretending not to care is the habit of someone who does care the most.
9. Writing down negative thoughts and tossing them in trash improves your mood.
10. People with messy are more creative.
11. If you announce your goals to others, you’re less likely to succeed. Studies prove that you will lose motivation.
12. The way parents talk to their children becomes the child’s inner voice.
13. Negative emotions can harm and damage your immune system.
14. Highly intelligent people are less likely to keep traditional values.
15. Our emotions do not affect the way we communicate.
16. The way a person treats restaurant staff reveals a lot about his character.
17. People who have a strong sense of guilt understand other peoples’ thoughts and feelings better.
18. Women are funnier than men.
19. Women have a much higher pain tolerance than men.
20. Listen to high frequency music makes you feel calm, relaxed, and happy.
21. If you can’t stop your stream of thoughts at night, get up and write them down.
22. Doing things that scare you will make you happier.
23. People who try to keep everyone happy often end up feeling the loneliest.
24. The happier we are, the less sleep we require.
25. Intelligent people have fewer friends than the average person.
26. The people who give the best advice are usually the ones with the most problems.
27. Hurt is often mistaken for anger. 85% of the time, a person isn’t actually mad at you but instead disappointed.
28. Taking a quick nap after learning can help strengthen your memory.
29. On an average, your mind wanders 30% of the time.
30. People with dark personalities tend to create a physically attractive veneer.
31. Although people are 10 times more likely to die from falling out of bed than die from lightning strikes, they are more afraid of being hit by lightning.
32. Ignorant people are more likely to believe they’re brilliant while intelligent people underestimate their abilities.
33. People with low-self esteem have a harder time saying ‘no’ to requests.
34. Over 70% of people have pretended arguments with other people in their heads.
35. 98% of the time when someone says they have to ask you a question, you think of all the bad things you’ve done recently.
36. Men tend to lie to make themselves look better while women usually lie to avoid hurting people’s feelings.
37. The way you dress determines the way people react to you.
38. It takes about 4 seconds for silence to become awkward.
39. While arguing, men are more direct and less concerned about feelings.
40. Human beings are the only living species crying because of their feelings.
41. Men and women experience the same amount of emotions but women tend to be more honest about them.
42. The brain purposely forgets certain memories in order to avoid information overload, and emotional hangovers.
43. Being able to instantly respond with sarcasm within seconds of a stupid question is a sign of a healthy brain.
44. The best things in life are usually found when you aren’t looking for them.
45. The very last person on your mind before you fall asleep is either the reason for your happiness or your pain.
46. The type of music you listen to affects the way you perceive the world.
47. Convincing yourself that you slept well tricks your brain into thinking that you actually did.
48. It is possible to die from a broken heart. It is called Stress Cardiomyopathy.
49. 90% of people text things they can’t say in person.
50. Your favorite song is your favorite because you associate an emotional event with it.
51. Your decisions are more rational when thought in a secondary language.
52. People between the ages of 18 and 33 are the most stressed people in the world. After the age of 33, stress levels tend to reduce.
53. Around 80% of people use music as an escape from all the negative things in life.
54. When a person dies, they have 7 minutes of brain activity left in which they see a dream-like sequence of their memories.
55. People who understand sarcasm well are often good at reading people’s minds.
56. People with low self-esteem are more likely to criticize others.
57. Everything you’ve always waited for comes the very second you stop looking for it.
58. The more effort we put into something, the more we like it.
59. People with socially awkward personalities tend to be more loyal to friends and faithful when in a relationship.
60. When you mood changes from happy to sad, most of the time it’s because you are missing someone.
61. Changes in the balance of brain chemistry, even small ones, can cause large and unexpected changes in behavior.
62. People typically look for things to confirm their beliefs and ignore information that contradicts it. This is known as expectation confirmation.
63. When you are ignored by a person who means the most to you, the reaction in your brain will be similar to physical pain.
64. People are more likely to take credit for their success but blame others for their failures. It is known as Self-Serving Bias.
65. People who listen to more than one genre of music tend to be smarter, more creative, open minded, and honest than someone who listens to just a single genre of music.
66. When a person cries and the first drop comes from the right eye, it’s due to happiness. But when it comes from the left eye, it’s due to pain.
67. The deeper your feelings, the harder you will find it to express them.
68. Psychopaths have difficulty recognizing the facial expression of fear.
69. If someone cries on little things, he/she is innocent and soft-hearted.
70. Before sleeping, 90% of your mind begins to imagine the stuff you would like to happen.
71. The right ear is better at hearing speech and the left ear is better at listening to music.
72. Women revisit emotional memories much more often than men.
73. Men are aroused under stress while women are turned off.
74. The more you have to wait for something, the more you appreciate it when you get it.
75. Women notice the body language of people along with their facial expressions in a much better way than men.
76. Men prefer to solve their problems without taking about them whereas women become distressed if they don’t share their problems with their friends.
77. Women are biologically wired to avoid conflicts unless some other psychological factor comes into play, while men are much more aggressive in general.
78. Men can take decisions without being emotionally affected while women take other factors into consideration related to emotions.
79. Men laugh when they find something funny, women laugh when they think it’s appropriate.
80. The male brain is geared slightly more towards Math whereas women are better in language.
81. Your lifetime risk for dementia is literally cut in half if you participate in physical activity.
82. No two people’s brains store the same information in the same way in the same place.
83. We are better at seeing patterns and abstracting the meaning of an event than we are at recording detail.
84. You can improve your chances of remembering something if you reproduce the environment in which you first put it in your brain.
85. We learn and remember best through pictures, not through written or spoken words.
86. Men and women process certain emotions differently.
87. Optimistic beliefs are powerful. It can protect people from physical and mental illness.
88. If people are talking in a group, there is an 80% chance that they are complaining.
89. You cannot multi-task. Period.
90. People are happier when they are kept busy. This prevents them from thinking about the negative things in life.
91. A person who loses his/her cell phone experiences a panic similar to a near death experience.
92. The brain treats rejection like a physical pain.
93. The more uncertain you are, the more you dig in and defend your ideas.
94. Researchers have found that even the illusion of progress is motivating.
95. When people remember a past event, they will be remembering the last time they remembered it.
96. Being with happy people makes you happier. And vice-versa.
97. People who view TV crime shows consistently overestimate the crime rate in the world.
98. People who volunteer are significantly more satisfied with their lives than non-volunteers.
99. 68% of people suffer from Phantom Vibration Syndrome, a feeling that one’s cell phone is vibration, even when it’s not.
100. Religious practices are related with lower levels of psychological distress.
101. Phobias may be memories passed down through generations in DNA.