1. 70% of people aged between 16-24 years had their first kiss by age 15.
2. Psychopaths are more likely to kiss with their eyes wide open.
3. When you kiss someone for the first time, you get a spike of dopamine in your body. It makes you crave it even more.
4. Kiss works as a painkiller for mental, emotional, and physical pain.
5. Kissing can aid in reducing tooth decay. The extra saliva from your partner helps in keeping the mouth clean.
6. A kiss stimulates 29 muscles causing relaxation.
7. Three passionate kisses a day can help you lose up to a pound by doubling your metabolic rate.
8. Researchers still can’t explain our need to kiss.
9. A one minute kiss burns 26 calories.
10. Kissing lowers a woman’s risk of suffering from depression.
11. Kissing helps us determine whether someone is a good match or not.
12. The frequency of kissing in a relationship is linked to the quality of the relationship.
13. When someone stares at your mouth during a conversation, that person desires to kiss you.
14. You can find your lover’s lips in the dark because of specific neurons in your brain aid you to do so.
15. A morning kiss helps prevent stress-related illness.
16. Kiss can be 10 times more effective than morphine in reducing pain.
17. People kiss at weddings because kisses were used in ancient times to seal contracts.
18. The science of kissing is called philematology.
19. Women can reach an orgasm through kissing.
20. On average, a person spends 20,160 minutes (approximately 2 weeks) of his life kissing.
21. When deciding whether to kiss someone or not, women pay closer attention than men due to their partner’s breath and teeth.
22. When people kiss, they exchange up to 1 billion bacteria.
23. 10% of the world population does not kiss.
24. When people anticipate a kiss, it increases saliva flow to their mouth, giving the teeth a plaque-dispersing bath.
25. More than 95% of men and women occasionally like to rub their nose while kissing.
26. Kissing makes your heart beat faster and pumps more oxygen to your brain.
27. Prostitutes avoid kissing clients on their mouth to reduce the likelihood of bonding.
28. Kissing causes your pupils to dilate. This is why most people tend to close their eyes when locking lips.
29. While kissing, a guy passes on the male sex hormone (testosterone).
30. Kissing helps you become resistant to allergies.
31. Men are more likely to initiate a kiss before sex; women tend to do so after sex.
32. Kissing releases oxytocin in the brain. It is a hormone that strengthens the emotional bond between two people.
Which Fact about Kissing did you like the most?